Sunday, February 24, 2008

La vie en rose

It's fitting that my first post follows Marion Cotillard winning this year's Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Edith Piaf. Leave it to a French actress to exclaim, "thank you life...thank you love!" as part of her impassioned acceptance speech. It sums up fairly well everything that I adore about French culture.

Pardon My French refers to my at times obnoxious love affair with all things French :) It started when I first set foot in Paris as a sixteen year old, it's what first spurred the utter obsession I have for exploring new places, it has absolutely guided all of my major life decisions and shaped my perspective on pretty much everything.

So that covers my title and a bit about me. I have no idea what the blog itself will be...probably just me rambling from time to time about some aspect of my life with my new husband and dogs. Sounds enthralling, I know :) Thanks for indulging me!

Back to the awards...I'll have another post shortly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Meghan's blog!! And BTW, I love Madeleine Peyroux. ;)