Monday, May 12, 2008

Feliz Primer Aniversario...a Nosotros!

Hola de Mexico! (I apologize for any butchering of the language I might have done...quite obviously, I've never studied Spanish)

Just teasing, actually…I recently discovered the feature on Blogger that allows one to manipulate the date and time of a post. Since I knew that we would be busy enjoying the Mexican surf and sun today and would hence be unable to post, I set one up in advance. I couldn’t let our first anniversary go by without a mention!


So, to my husband of one year: thank you for loving me so exceptionally, even and most especially on my worst days, for nurturing my dreams, and for being the one person who knows me so completely that you can anticipate my deepest wishes before I realize them for myself. I don’t know where the year went, but I wouldn’t have wanted to share it with anyone else in the world. I can’t wait for the next 50 or so anniversaries to come (unless, of course, we meet our untimely demise in a freak SCUBA diving accident – really, what are we thinking sometimes??) I love you!


Now then. To avoid this post being completely cheesy, I am including some fun things. Well, I think they’re fun. Understandably, you may not :)


First, let’s take a little stroll down memory lane with some wedding day photos, shall we? Now I could feature the ones where we all look our best, hair perfectly coiffed and smiles just right...but what fun would that be?

Huh? Here, I’m probably reacting to something hilarious Lajuanna was saying to help calm my nerves…as soon as the girls left me, I lost it a little. But seriously, what is WITH my facial expressions? I looked like I was suffering from a stroke for most of the day!

Throughout our courtship, Matt liked to annoy me by asking what I would do if he wore Nikes to our wedding, and then later actually threatening to. Luckily, this is all he got away with…the punk:
The 4-year-old flower girl, who was understandably traumatized by the wacko trolley driver’s decision to ring the bell right into her ear without warning:

My sisters/co-MOHs looking just thrilled about their impending walk down the aisle. Nice, guys:

Pucker up, Lou! Don't be difficult today!

Ok, he looks high and I've either just heard something hilarious, or I'm hissing...either way, scary!

Browers going above (below?) the call of duty:

"Messing up my hair right now would pretty much be cause enough for me to disown you"...the faces here are priceless!

For those of you still with me,
here is the slideshow to our first dance and second choice for first dance songs, by the famed Browers duo :) This still makes me sniffle!

Thanks for indulging my sentimental side and for reliving the day with me. Hopefully, I’m off to enjoy another cocktail with my hubby right now. I think you should as well, in the name of first anniversaries and second honeymoons!

10 comments:

*K said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary! I hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Julia Goolia said...

You are so sneaky! Congrats on one year. Wow, the time has flown. And I love the goofy wedding pictures the best. I showed some of my own a while back and they seem to be more entertaining than the 100s of good ones:)

enjoy mexico!

Schneiderdoodle said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are enjoying your second honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Meghan and Matt!!

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Mary said...

I was just going to berate you for blogging on your second honeymoon, but luckily blogger is just too smart these days. Congrats on your one-year anniversary! I look forward to hearing about your trip and more importantly, whether you got any nice paper gifts:)

Meghan said...

happy anniversary! hope you're enjoying mexico! :)

Thoughts Anonymously said...

Hope you are having an amazing time in Mexico!!!!

Matt said...

I just saw this! This post is a perfect example of why I fall in love with you more everyday :)

leah @maritalbless said...

Happy late anniversary! The pictures are just perfect for the occassion, enough time to reflect back on them with humor!