Monday, May 5, 2008

The Weekend (yep, can't think of a better title!)

Another painfully short weekend…another beautiful wedding! I know I’m doing something I love when hearing Trumpet Voluntary for the thirty-ninth time still gives me goosebumps, and I tear up myself every single time I look through the zoomed lens to see the groom’s face when the doors open and the bride appears. I love weddings!


Starting with Friday evening first…I boldly continued a solid week of gluttony, gorging on Qdoba and Skinny Cows (yes, plural) during the course of our movie selections: Awake and Things We Lost in the Fire. The first featured a laughable script that was terribly acted (Jessica Alba stars – enough said), but managed to hold our attention with a rather juicy and suspenseful plot. Things, on the other hand, was extremely slow, not to mention depressing, but the cast was super. I still liked it, and it marked the first time I’ve ever been fond of a character played by Benicio del Toro.


Saturday was another big wedding day with the Browers, and it was amazing, of course. Not only was it Michael’s birthday (which no one told me until halfway through the day – I felt like a giant ass!) but he was also sick as a dog. Would I have had any clue if he hadn’t told me? Not a chance, and no one else would have, either. These people astound me! Amy was beautiful and probably the calmest bride I’ve ever seen – nothing like yours truly here J I’ll let the
Browers’ images speak for themselves, but I will say that I’ve never had so much fun being chased out of abandoned buildings by a homeless person threatening to beat us down before! Congratulations, Amy and Blake…all of your hard work and planning made for a gorgeous day!


Sunday was meant for cleaning up around the house, but that quickly gave way to hanging outside with the pups as soon as I caught a glimpse of this little scene from the back door:





I loved this so much, in fact, that I took a couple minutes of video just to see if anything cool happened. Nothing really did, but it’s still cute. Unfortunately, it's taking an eon to download, so I'll have to make a separate post...


From there, I didn’t put down the camera for about 2 hours. Working with the Browers has inspired me, but it’s also made me look on our little Canon point-and-shoot with even more disdain than it usually garners. For the time being, though, it’s the only camera I’ve got. So, I decided to make nice and actually give it a chance to flex its (puny) muscles.

I started out with my favorite subjects, of course:

Then I started exploring the most intricate details of my surroundings with the digital macro setting for the next hour:




I started to have a hard time finding things to shoot, so I moved inside, where the offerings weren’t a whole lot better…




I realized that I’ve never ever EVER been able to take a decent photo of my rings and I’ve always been inspired by Lajuanna’s talent for extremely cool ones, so I turned my attention to my diamonds:

Could be worse, right? Maybe?

I’m still dying for a “real” camera, but I’m going to at least do what I can to play around with this guy until an upgrade is an option.

After my little photo session, we celebrated our best friend Matt’s birthday – unfortunately, since I’d spent all afternoon taking pictures and neglected to recharge the camera battery (Browers would be horrified at my lack of preparedness!), I don’t have any pictures aside from this crappy one of the delicious cake. First was dinner al fresco at Massa’s in Kirkwood (a perfect night for it!) followed by ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. The gluttony continues…

We ended the weekend on a kind of sour note by watching Cloverfield. Worst. Movie. Ever. I mean seriously. I wasn’t the least bit surprised as the credits began to roll to see J.J. Abrams’ name listed as one of the screenwriters, since he’s the same idiot ruining Lost. Do yourself a favor and skip this piece of rubbish!


What a weekend! I’m spent :) And now it’s Monday :(

6 comments:

Kate said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I love those macro pics. And of course the puggle pics -- poor Desi! Give him a hug for me :).

Julia Goolia said...

I was wondering if the Browers were going to make you lust over some new cameras:) Love the shots, though. I get an itch every now and then to take tons of pictures of random stuff, too. And finally a decent shot of your bling!

What a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

DH and I watched Things We Lost in the Fire not too long ago. I really liked it. Benicio did a great job - loved his part.

That pic of the doggies laying together is too freaking cute. That's why I want another dog! And great pictures Meghan! Especially considering you're just using a point and shoot. They turned out really well. The pic of Desi rolling around in the grass makes me laugh. And who doesn't love a super close up of those cute puppy noses?!

Maria said...

I have a picture-taking addiction too. I took almost 1,000 pictures on our vacation to Europe last year. I love it (and so does my flickr, lol). Your macro pictures are great!!

Thoughts Anonymously said...

I love the pic of where it looks like Desi is rolling around and laughing in the grass! So cute.

Good job on the macros. Once you get a "real" camera they will become rather addictive. You will than have to invest in a good macro lens and tripod. But so worth it!

Teresa said...

I love the pics, really! It looks like you are picking up some hints from Browers!

But I have to disagree about Cloverfield being the worst movie ever. I didn't like it, but I think worst movie ever is a stretch. You ever see Donnie Darko?? I contend to this day that movie is the worst ever.

Oh, and I still totally want to help you with the GNO. Work has just been soooo insane so I haven't had a ton of forum time. Lets talk soon though!