Thursday, May 8, 2008

Second Honeymoon

We are T minus 7 hours from our Mexican getaway and not even my stupid cold is enough to stifle my excitement!

As of around noon tomorrow, this will be our digs for a glorious 5 days and 4 nights:

We’ve delivered the puggles to their grandparents’ and I’m trying to ignore the teensy bit of guilt I feel about it by busying myself with my specialty: last-minute packing before a 6:15 a.m. departure:

I’m notorious for excess packing (what red-blooded American girl isn’t, I ask you?), but I had genuinely tried to keep things under control for this trip. After all, the only clothing I really need in Mexico is a few bikinis and a cover-up, right? With that in mind, I limited myself to one small suitcase and a monogrammed tote, an awesome shower gift from our friend Tricia.

Ok, plus my (massive) purse. But whatever. Matt will use another small suitcase and carry on his laptop. It was going to be a squeeze, but I think things would have been fine and dandy had my super fantastic mother-in-law not decided to invite me for a J.Crew shopping spree as my birthday gift last evening. I was powerless to resist picking up the following selections...

This cute tangerine-hued jersey miniskirt:These kelly green 3-inch shorts:A fabulously skinny gold belt:And this mini, except in white with horizontal gold stripes that I guess is not available online. It's sassy:So much for traveling light…

Other than packing our bags, I’ve left copies of our itinerary and passports with both sets of parents, stored all of our reservations and travel documents in a zipped folder for my carry-on, and stockpiled a complete arsenal of sun and skincare products! Although you’d never guess it by the skin I’m sporting (a truly hideous shade of paste peppered with random bruises), I am R-E-A-D-Y to be on a beach!

Now, I’ve just touched up my manicure using OPI’s ‘Second Honeymoon’ (cute, right?)…

…and I am officially counting down the minutes!


Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! I hereby promise to return with as many pictures as my memory card will allow :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I love the picture of all your stuff waiting to be packed. So colorful and beachy! Have a fabulous trip, Meghan. Can't wait to see pics!!

Julia Goolia said...

I get to do a J.Crew shopping trip for our 'second honeymoon' too.. and now I'm TOTALLY inspired! HAve fun, take lots of pictures, and enjoy!

Kate said...

Have a wonderful time! For your sake I hope the next five days feel like at least ten.

Mary said...

SO jealous! And don't worry about the puggles-you feel guilty until you hit your destination and then [almost] forget about them. Have a wonderful and romantic second honeymoon!

Maria said...

I'm so jealous! And I love those green shorts!! Have a great vacation! :-)

Pamela said...

side note- and totally random- i love your C&B bedding. i have the same in blue!