Wednesday, April 30, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday...It's My Birthday Too!

First of all, thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes today…I feel loved :)

All things considered, officially transitioning to my “late twenties” has been fairly painless.

For one thing, I started out having an excellent hair day...I think we can all appreciate how awesome those are.


My 18 month old nephew, Sam, broke up my work day by calling to wish me his version of "happy birthday". While he had me on the horn, he also informed me that a stop sign has 8 sides. He's full of good information like that.


I returned home from work to a lovely surprise from my sweet friend Kate: a nice card and a copy of this book of poetry that she knows I've been wanting for some time. Thanks, Kate!!

Matt knocked it out of the park by presenting me with Dave Matthews Band concert tickets. It will be the inaugural concert at the new Busch Stadium in June. As a practically lifelong DMB fan, I couldn't be more excited! I also got an incredibly comprehensive gardening book and the promise to help me plot out some space for one in our yard, as well as a framed photo of our boys :)

My parents treated us to dinner at a place I adore, yet is so inconspicuous that I always forget about it. I highly recommend Café Provencal in Kirkwood to anyone who enjoys scrumptious French cuisine along with an extensive wine list in a cozy, authentic setting, all at a reasonable price!

I had an hors d'oeuvre of eggplant caviar with a type of soft cheese (I forget its name) and crostini. Ummm, delicious. I had the Poulet de Bergerac (chicken breast with mushrooms, onions and cheeses wrapped in puff pastry and served over a white wine cream sauce) as my entree, and it was the first time in a long while that I cleaned my entire plate. And god help me, I couldn't pass up the vanilla creme brulee. It was all to die for and I couldn't wait to get home to change into my roomiest fat pants :)


As if all of this wasn’t enough to amount to a great day, probably the biggest highlight was the voicemail left for me by my mother in law. In it, she sings Happy Birthday and then, to “funk things up”, her own version of Birthday by the Beatles. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to upload the audio in a format that I can post here. You'll just have to take my word for it: it’s spectacular! Gotta love her :)

Now, I'm finally about to end my day surrounded by 3 loudly snoring boys who are stealing all of my covers, and I couldn't feel luckier!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!! Fat pants are a sure sign of a good one :)

Julia Goolia said...

Don't you know that on your birthday, all calories are removed from food? That's what I tell myself at least.

Sounds like a fabulous day!

LC said...

I am happy that you had such a great day! I am going to need to check out that restaurant. Mike and I move to Kirkwood in 22 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a downright fabulous day. And who doesn't love putting on their comfy fat pants?! ;)