Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Skidding Headfirst Towards 30...

Am I seriously 27 years old? What the hell? I demand to speak to the person responsible for this!

It's depressing that as an unenlightened college freshman, I considered people of advanced age such as myself to be "old". I'm not old; I'm sophisticated...wise...wordly...experienced.

Oh god...I am old!!!

I think that my feelings at this moment are best summed up by a scene from the truly brilliant movie Knocked Up. Warning: this clip features repeated use of the f word...



So, I just talked to my sister who reminded me that my being 27 makes her almost 33, and I can't tell you how much better I feel about life :)

On that note, it's getting to be way past my bedtime...

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Just a few more hours (my time) until its the 30th! So Happy Birthday!!! ... a smidge early. Love you!

Julia Goolia said...

Happy birthday! I didn't know ours were so close together. I share your misery with the ever-approaching THIRTY. I feel so old.

and I love that clip from Knocked Up. So philosophical!

Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Love the Knocked Up clip. That's one of my favorite parts of the movie.

I'm only 6 months behind ya in the aging game. I just keep reminding myself that FI will always be older. ;)

Trisha said...

Hey now. . .watch it with the "old jokes" and approaching 30!!

I have T-minus 5 months (from Monday).
:O :O
YIKES!!!!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about getting old. I'm going to be 30 in less than 4 months! I still feel like I'm 18 though and think it's weird that I'm married and an adult. Hey, we're just getting wiser, right?