Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Louie!

I can't believe that our puppy/baby is 2 years old today! I'll admit that I got a little excited and spoiled him rotten all evening long.

This began with about 5 new toys, including his birthday bear that was torn to shreds roughly 2 minutes after this photo was snapped:


Then it was time for a family photo...no need to remind me what complete dorks we are; I already know. I'm also aware that our dogs are aliens in disguise, at least judging by their eyes:
Not surprisingly, we couldn't get both boys to sit still and look at the camera in unison. Louie is embarrassed that we are taking yet another photo of him in this ridiculous hat:

Finally, it was time for a bedtime snack:


Louie enjoying his treat...


...while Desmond looks on, dejected. I didn't think it would be a great idea to introduce doggy ice cream into his developing digestive system. And fine, I've also decided that we've cleaned up enough of his diarrhea for one week (he keeps sneaking Louie's food). Call me selfish!
Both dogs are now passed out in their respective beds, and I just put the finishing touches on these lovelies, now chilling in my fridge. Some of you will get to sink your teeth into them tomorrow, unless I eat every last bite before then (this is sadly more likely than you might think...ask Matt. I think my sugar comsumption abilities scare him).

Happy Birthday, Lou Lou, and Happy Friday to all!

9 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Mmmm, Nate makes those cherry cheesecake things and I'm obsessed! And yes, my neverending pit of a stomach also frightens Nate:)

Happy b.day, Louie! Doggie birthdays are the bomb.

Anonymous said...

Your babies are precious!

Happy birthday Louie...and i'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday, Louie!! :)

Kate said...

Looks like Louie had an awesome b-day! I'd call you guys dorks, but we're totally living in a glass condo on that one :).

Thoughts Anonymously said...

I celebrate our animal's birthdays as well! Laugh.

I love the first picture. He looks so happy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Louie! Love these pictures, Meghan. The one with the whole family rocks - I would totally make Chad put on a hat for a family birthday picture. Actually, Butch's birthday is in June...

And I hear you on the sugar consumption. I often wonder if I'm gonna end up diabetic because of the insane amounts of sugar I eat...

Maria said...

I love the party hats!!! Happy birthday Louie!!!

Mary said...

Happy birthday, Louie! I would be embarrassed too if my mom made me wear that silly birthday hat. I mean, come on, you're a teenager now!

Oh man, I am going to have to fast all day, aren't I? Tonight is going to be pure gluttony, I just know it.

Mindy said...

mmmmm...those cheesecakes were so good! I am pretty sure I had 5 of them.