Monday, July 7, 2008

Helloooooo?

Anyone out there?

Let me start by saying that I appreciate the concern for my well-being. I have not, in fact, died – but I’m touched that several of you have asked.

To anyone left reading, please accept my sincere apologies for being MIA in the form of the following list, which highlights some of the things that have kept me from spilling my guts via blog for the past month:

- Promotion at work. Not as fun as it sounds.

- Multiple weekends spent assisting the Browers. Every bit as fun as it sounds!

- Constantly cleaning up after my poop-eating puppy and extensively researching the possible causes of such indecorous behavior.

- Planning and executing a kids’ birthday party of epic proportions.

- Landscaping. Landscaping. Landscaping.

- Getting a haircuit that I dubbed “the Minivan,” which made me want to hide for a few weeks until it grew out a little.

- The passing of Matt’s grandmother last week. RIP Rosemary.


I think that pretty much covers the biggies. It’s been all I can do to keep from falling asleep during my commute home lately, much less force myself to squint at a computer screen for any longer than my workday requires! But July promises to be relaxing, relatively speaking…so like it or not, I’m back for awhile :)

Here are a few updated photos of the abovementioned poop-eater and his brother. By the way, the only category he seems to fit into in terms of the reason he’s doing this is "to hide evidence." That’s what the experts say, anyway…

6 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

So sorry to hear about Matt's Grandma.

The minivan is CUUUUUTE. I saw it on the Browers blog...you can't hide, you know.

Poop-eating? I cannot fathom the horror. Seriously. Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with lacking nutrients or something easily fixed?!

Meghan said...

welcome back, miss! i hope the kids' party went well! pics please! :)

and i agree with julia, i looove the hair!

LC said...

Yay...you are alive! We have been worried about you. So sorry to hear about Matt's grandma :( AND all of your stress at work! I am glad to hear that July will be relaxing...and without any Browers weddings! BTW, will you be assisting at my wedding??!? Sure hope so!

Mary said...

Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm sorry about Matt's grandma. How's everyone doing?

Please post pictures of your hair. I'm sure it's cute. Here's to a less stressful July!

Kate said...

Hooray, you're back! :) So, is Desi allowed to give kisses these days? His breath must be interesting.

So sorry to hear about Matt's grandmother. I hope the funeral and everything went as well as possible.

Jamie said...

Glad to have you back!! I also noticed the minivan (although I did not call it that...) on the Browers' blog. Looks cute. Don't even talk to me about bad haircuts!

My mom claims Miles ate rabbit poo at times, but I never saw it (and therefore denied he ever did it). Just don't let Des give you kisses during this 'diet'!!

Also sorry to hear of Matt's gma....:(