Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yankee Doodle Sweethearts...

The week surrounding July 4th is always a time for celebration in our family. My niece turns 5 today, my nephew turned 2 on June 29th, and their parents celebrated their 11th anniversary on July 5th. So, Matt, Desi, Louie and I hosted a joint birthday party for the little ones on Sunday.

The bash was complete with mountains of food…I think we’ll be eating leftovers for 2 weeks; gifts…Matt said it looked like Christmas on our deck, and he wasn’t kidding; and an octopus sprinkler that only partially inflated! Yeah!!

Lucy, Teddy and their cousins Maddie and Claire having fun with the octopus…

Cupcakes from La Bonne Bouchee!
This was the first time I’ve been here, which is unbelievable since it’s supposed to be the best authentic French patisserie in the area. While I was in line waiting to pick up my order on Sunday morning, the pastries in their front case and the breakfast plates being served were making my stomach growl loudly. The cupcakes themselves were beautiful and delicious – Matt and I aren’t big icing people, and Bonne Bouchee’s is light, fluffy and not too sweet. I would highly recommend them!
Louie got into the spirit:
Teddy kept putting his fingers into his ears in anticipation of fireworks. There weren’t any going off in our backyard or even any that would be occurring within an audible distance from our house, but after a weekend full of fireworks displays, he was prepared…just in case :) I love it! Teddy with his very own Home Depot dump truck and hard hat…the thing even makes a beep noise when it reverses!
So many presents it’s overwhelming…
...Teddy couldn't handle opening the rest and ran off to play instead. His dad asked if he’d come back and let us watch him open some more and Teddy’s response was, “No thank you. But I’ll take my cupcake now.” Awesome.
Here's Tedward with his new Cardinals bat - what a handsome guy he's turning into! I'm totally unbiased.

I can't believe that our sweet, beautiful girl is already 5 years old! I remember being in Barcelona and getting the call from Chicago the day she was born, then celebrating her arrival with tapas and sangria on Las Ramblas :) I love this one of her and Desi:
Just for fun, I scrounged up a picture of Lucy at about 2 months old...isn't she absolutely squeezable?!
Lucy and both of her "cousins": LuLu and LouLou:
The pups were sooooo exhausted after their long day, but we were proud of how perfectly behaved they were!

Us with Lucy Goose:


Happy Birthdays, loves!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

wow! what is this? 4 posts in 2 days? someone's making up for lost time! ;)

it definitely looks like the day was a success! they're getting so big... crazy! sorry i didn't get a chance to call this weekend, but it looks like you probably needed every minute of prep time!

Amy said...

how cute, and the new haircut is too! :)

Mary said...

Okay, now I know why you were MIA. It would take me a year to plan a party for that many people! The kiddos are adorable. I also look at my six-year old nephew and wonder how he got so old. Your hair is really cute too-no minivan thoughts popped into my head!

Jamie said...

Everyone is so precious!!! And that dress....does that happen to be the very dress Lisa just posted about today?!

Megs said...

Jamie - why, yes, it is the very same dress! How random is that?