Monday, March 10, 2008

I've been tagged...

...by the lovely Mary, so here are my 7 weird/random facts, in no particular order:

1) I have done some psychotic things to my hair. We're talking everything from blonde to pixie short (Remember the Gwyneth Paltrow cut from when she was engaged to Brad Pitt, anyone? Awful.), and I even had a short bob 4 years before Posh and Robot Holmes-Cruise made it cool! Looking back at photographic evidence of some of my more unfortunate choices has scarred me into boredom. My color is now completely natural and I'm afraid to get any of my length cut! P.S. - I still love you, Gwyneth!

2) I've run 3 half marathons: one in St. Louis, one in San Francisco, and one in Memphis. To be honest, the St. Louis route was infinitely harder than the San Francisco hills. I clocked my best time in Memphis and was feeling great, only to return to our car and find that it had been broken into and all of our belongings stolen. We spent the rest of the day at the police station. I haven't run a race since...you suck, Memphis!

3) I hung out a few times with Chelsea Clinton's ex-boyfriend from her Stanford days. He and his friend, who lived in our apartment complex my junior year of college, were members of the Olympic swim team (I'm pretty sure they won bronze and gold medals, respectively, at the '99 summer games) and practiced at the training facility in Santa Clara. I cannot for the life of me remember a) how exactly we met or b) why I stopped talking to him.

4) I have a severe phobia of public toilets and...well...#2 in public. I simply can't do either, and it horrifies me to know when anyone else does. I have been known to make myself quite ill because of it. For instance, I used to wait until 4am in college to quietly sneak my way down the hall to the communal bathroom (I still praise whatever god is responsible for granting me a private bathroom sophomore year!!!), I hold it during 10 hour transatlantic flights, and I hate outdoor events like Mardi Gras because of the Johnnies.

5) I was prom queen. Shut up.

6) I have a tattoo, which comes as a shock to most. I'm not disclosing what it is or its location, but I will say that you can't see it unless I want you to. For those interested, there is a picture on file at Marks of Art in San Jose. I am also a huge hypocrite, because I don't care for visible ones, and unlike many tattoo wearers, I have zero desire to get another.

7) I was randomly assigned a roommate my freshman year of college: a girl from Jersey who also happened to be named Meghan (with the h!), was also one of 4 kids, and was also left-handed. We declared the same major and took a lot of the same classes, and even professors started referencing us collectively as "The Meghans". We also befriended and eventually ended up living with another Meghan (h included), who had at one time nicknamed herself BMC (Big Meg on Campus). The three of us were soon known as Big Meg, Middle/Medium Meg and Little Meg, labeled by height. At 5'6", I am Middle Meg.


Well, that wasn't so bad. I tag (Little) Meg, since she's new to blogging, Jess, because I just learned of her sweet blog, and Kate. I'm interested to see how many of the 7 things I already know!

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

So apparently I'm WAY behind the times these days and just found out that both you and Mary have blogs?? What???


I found her name linked on Jenn's and then yours on hers, and now my head hurts.

Anywho, great 7 things and welcome to the blog world my friend ! Good to see all is well.

"T-Bone" Lee said...

I knew those too!!! Especially the tattoo one....not only do I know what it is and where, but I was with you when you got it!!! Don't worry..your secret's safe with me. ;)

Mary said...

I understand the bathroom thing, but sometimes you just HAVE to go, right? Even prom queens. Hee hee.